Friday, November 11, 2011

Dyed overalls ...




I'm now dying some overalls: several months ago, my decorators overalls (bought back in the 1980s complete with rubber buttons) finally started to look VERY TIRED & worn out! The rubber buttons finally "flew off" & the cuffs have become rather frayed. So I decided to treat myself to some new ones. I hunted everywhere (& on-line) with no luck. Then somebody suggested a local decorating shop (an independent not a superstore) & there they were - but not called 'overalls'. COVERALLS ... white, 100% cotton, with long sleeves, elastic across the back & plenty of pockets. No rubber buttons though! ...... but I treated myself to 2 pairs.

After getting them home, I've given them a pre-boil wash & decided to dye them using a random/tie technique. One pair of the overalls has been tied & knotted ... the other pair went in plain - now just have to wait for result (see above)!