Friday, April 25, 2014

Mesh for the 'Cell project' (stage 2 contd) ...



A close-up of the previous work shows each of the 'stitching' steps more clearly - it also now acts as ' base' for the mesh-style layers that will be added. I'm not exactly sure how this will now proceed ... choices are now to be made regarding working directly onto the existing work OR to make separate pieces & add them when complete. By working on top & through the existing fabric I run the risk of making the entire piece become flattened BUT by adding pre-stitched sections, the pieces loose the quality of appearing to 'grow out' from the work ..... these decisions not to be made lightly!!!!

In the meantime, I think I'll try making some mesh samples - problem is all my work bits are in the studio & not where I am!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment